Firefighter Discounts-Interested?

by Firefighters' Wives on May 9, 2011

Some people think that Firefighters make lots of money! LOL! Firefighting is a job of passion, with great hours and an average income. Many Firefighters’ wives are able to stay at home with the children and have great vacations because the Firefighter schedule is so great, BUT, it doesn’t mean we are made out of money and I think we all appreciate a discount now and again!

Last week I posted a discount that AT&T offers for Firefighters and we personally take advantage of. If you are a union member, you can fill out the appropriate paperwork and receive 15% off your bill. Awesome! After I posted the discount a few other people have started posting discounts from around the country on our Facebook Wall! So, I want to ask all of you, is this something you are interested in learning about? What if we compiled a list of discounts for Firefighters across the nation composed by the best deal finders out there….YOU?!

Let us know what you think and we will start doing all of the work for you! If you know of special discounts in your area please EMAIL US. Be sure to let us know where you are located and be specific about the discount(links are good).

In the meantime, here is the link to the deals the IAFF promotes and a few other links that our fans posted over the weekend.

IAFF

OAKLEY

SILVERWOOD THEME PARK (Idaho)
*it sounds like you can get a year round discount at Silverwood by showing your union card at the gate as well.

You get 15% at New York & Company with ID (it works for firefighters, police, ems, teachers, military).

10% off at Under Armour stores (good for military as well). During veteran’s day, it is increased to 20% off.

During Veteran’s Day, Cabella’s offers discounts to Vets & FF/Police/EMS

Auto Zone & Advanced Auto both offer 10% off with valid ID

If you live near a Modells, you can ask for a discount with valid ff ID, it is 10%

CRUISE DISCOUNTS

I know that sometimes people don’t feel comfortable asking for discounts or feel that using their Firefighter status for a discount is right, BUT, businesses offer discounts to Firefighters and their families as a way to say “Thank You” and give back.

{ 18 comments… read them below or add one }

Trina May 12, 2011 at 8:16 AM

I think this is a GREAT idea! Let me see what I can find around here!

Firefighters' Wives May 12, 2011 at 10:05 PM

Awesome!! Thanks!

Trina May 31, 2011 at 12:33 AM

Life got crazy – but this is my summer project. So, first discount I came across – 22% off your Sprint bill. I saw that AT&T and Verizon had similar offers.

I will let you know what I find as I got through things this summer. Next on my list to try is insurance – home and car and satellite.

Amanda August 2, 2011 at 4:23 AM

My husband and I have used this discount for years on our Sprint account, so I can attest that is real. :)

Susie June 13, 2011 at 8:24 AM

Chevy’s offers a 50% discount to firefighters in uniform…not sure if it applies toward carryout orders. They have a list of participating restaurants. http://www.chevys.com/Military.aspx

Firefighters' Wives June 13, 2011 at 11:08 PM

Great link! I posted it on our Facebook page. Thank you for sharing!

Gavin June 27, 2011 at 12:24 PM

Hi ladies hope you are well and well done for looking after the men with discounts, we really are not paid enough for what we are prepared to do and lose. I am the team social oraganiser for the FRNSW Australian firefighters coming to NYC for the World games from August 25th and wondering if you know of any discounts i can recommend to the team for entertainment etc. Also any social ideas or advise would be greatly appreciated. Our team will be meeting each night for the 2 weeks at The Irish Pub on 7th and 53rd around 6pm for our nightly meetings so send your single GF’s there.
Cheers,
Gavin
sydneyfirefighter@hotmail.com

Terry July 31, 2011 at 3:59 AM

Hey ladies I’m a Houston firefighter that just got married last weekend. While booking our honeymoon our travel agent informed us that firemen get a 10% discount at all sandals resorts worldwide. Pretty good discount that saved us $800!! I never would’ve known had she not told us so im telling everyone I can. It’s time for a vacation! Hope this is useful.

Amy Wheeler August 2, 2011 at 1:09 AM

Great Wolf Lodge offers a Firefighter discount of 20% when you put in the promo code HEROES.

Linda October 8, 2011 at 10:54 PM

Knots berry farm offers free admission for firefighter +1 guest additional 6 guests only $17 Between thanksgiving and December 18th 2011

Ed November 9, 2011 at 10:34 AM

Sprint offers a 22% discount for police and fire. Check the website for expiration date

Shilo November 19, 2011 at 3:49 AM

Knotts Berry Farm’s firefighter discount starts November 24, 2011 and goes through the end of January 2012. With ID, the firefighter and guest get in for free. You can purchase up to 6 additional tickets for $17 each…

Karen December 11, 2011 at 8:19 PM

We have gotten our spy sunglasses for a couple years at cost…. its almost 1/2 off its called the civil servant offer… Super great deal!!!!

Sean January 5, 2012 at 3:06 AM

TGIF offers bar specials on certain days of the week in Rockville Cenre, NY for FF, EMS, and Police Officers

Araceli January 8, 2012 at 6:06 AM

T-mobile gives a 15% discount to any type of law enforcement including Teachers.

wildfire2012 January 20, 2012 at 9:16 AM

If you register on the prodeal site you can get discounts on hundreds of products. All you need is employment info and contacts for verification and your set up

wildfire2012 January 20, 2012 at 9:18 AM

In Utah fire fighters can ride public transportation for free. Only requirement it valid I’D

Mike December 23, 2013 at 7:54 PM

One of the Firefighters from my volunteer department just got back from Vegas. The Tropicana gave him like a 20% Firefighter discount (not sure of the exact percentage). He said the place was really nice and has recently undergone a multi-million dollar renovation recently. The Tropicana is right on the strip and was the only hotel that he could find that offered a discount.